Resolve To Be More Positive
- Set aside at least 15 minutes of quality time for yourself every day.
- Begin writing a personal journal to record postive events, quotes, and experiences.
- Take time to listen to good music.
- Read a good book
- Laugh more, and try to see the funny side of life
- Find a realistic balance between work and pleasure
- Celebrate every day.
BALLROOM DANCING CANHOLD THE KEY TO AGING GRACEFULLY
Regular ball room dancingis the only known physical activity to possibly protect against dementia. The Journal of Aging and Physical Activity states that dancing can improve balance and prevent falls among the elderly.
COFFEE AND AGING
Long term studies show drinking more than one cup of coffee a day has hidden health benefits. It can reduce the risk of stroke. In a recent study done by the Nurses Heath organization coffee drinkers who drank more than four cups a day showed a 20% less rate of stroke. There are many stroke survivors groups in the Pittsburgh area. Call our office for locations and days and times. Contact Number: 412 364 2262
Drink Tea for Whiter Teeth
Tea contains many antioxidants which help you look and feel younger. Flavonoid, one antioxidant found in tea, can prevent harmful bacteria from sticking to teeth. Flavonoids also block the production of a type of sugar that contributes to cavities. Tea also contains high amounts of fluride, which has bacteria-killing properties and helps control bad breath and the formation of plaque. In addition to daily brushing, flossing and annual check-ups with your dentist, you can enjoy a glass of tea to maintain your healthy smile.
Anything that is made for a baby should be gentle. That’s why baby wipes make terrific make removers. These wipes are easy to carry with you and work wonders for removing stubborn makeup smudge, even from black eyeliner.
Benefits of growing older
1. People call at 9:00pm and ask, “Did I wake you?”
2. You can eat dinner at 4:00PM
3. You constantly talk about the price of gasoline.
4. You consider coffee one of the most important things in life.
5. You send money to PBS.
Retirement goals for the senior citizen of today differ widely from the objective of retirees in year past. Today’s senior has desire to not only stay healthy and prevent disease, but is passionate about living an active lifestyle. Exercise has been shown to increase longevity and quality of life.
1. Before you light up your next cigarette, consider this: With every puff, you’re inhaling more than 7,000 chemicals.
2. Smokers are more likely to develop a hearing loss. Exposure to secondhand smoke also puts former smokers and nonsmokers at risk
3. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that secondhand smoke kills about 50,000 people every year and sickens many more. Children who live a smoker are especially susceptible to lung and breathing problems, and they run an increased risk of hearing loss as adolescents.